Day of The Dead (Día de Muertos) Inspired Décor
This year, the iNSPIRE Q Design Team honored the traditional Mexican Day of The Dead (Día de Muertos) holiday by creating a festive gathering space. Not only that, but we're also here to give you our Day of the Dead décor ideas that you can easily replicate in your own home!
TISSUE PAPER POPPY AND MARIGOLD GARLAND INSTRUCTIONS
First, you'll need:
- Tissue paper (pink, yellow, orange and black paper work best!)
- Pipe Cleaners
- String (optional)
- Layer tissue paper (about three sheets worth) and make sure they are aligned properly prior to folding
- *TIP: layer different colors together for a fun effect!
- Accordion fold all layers, then round both ends of the 'petals' using the scissors.
- Tie the center of the flat paper with pipe cleaners and unfold the flower into desired shape.
- Cut center layer into fringed strips for a fun effect.
- Place string on the back of the pipe cleaners and tie marigolds together to make a chain.
- Tape ends to desired space to hang garland.
CHURRO CHEX MIX INSTRUCTIONS
First, you'll need:
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place Chex cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Next, in another small, microwave-safe bowl combine the brown sugar, butter, and honey and microwave on high for 1 minutes or until melted. Pour over cereal and stir gently until evenly coated. Place in microwave and cook on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mix over cereal and gently stir until evenly coated. Pour onto parchment-paper lined sheet pan, spread evenly, and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, enjoy!
We sincerely hope you enjoy our Day of the Dead décor ideas on creating a festive and fun space in order to celebrate!